If you want to join the happy clan and want a $20 discount on the logo package express use this link. The Logo Package Express discount coupon will be applied automatically 🙌.
Here's some of the new features:
✅ File and folder name customization
✅ Pantone first workflow
✅ Multiple scale exports
✅ Naming and scale presets
✅ New UI/UX
✅ Clear Space / padding
✅ Cleaner Illustrator Files
✅ Native Mac and Windows installers
We developed The Abobe ® Illustrator Logo Package Express Extension for The Logo Package, a company run by entrepreneur and product designer, Michael Bruny-Groth.
The feedback we have had so far (more than 275 logo designers have purchased the product and it has been less than a week from its launch!) has been terrific. People are so excited about it, how much time they are going to save and how easy it is to package production-ready logos!
The extension allows one to select the different parts of the logo, i.e. the logo mark, the logotype and the tagline and a spread will be produced of the logo parts in various color schemes. Full color, one color (by default black but you can recolor to any color), white, inverse (for dark background changes the dark colors to white), grayscale, Pantone ® solid coated and uncoated. It produces spreads for print CMYK and web RGB
One deletes any artboards one is not interested in and then clicks on the export button and one gets a structured file tree of all the combinations. File export formats are (Ai, PDF, EPS, SVG, PNG and JPG).
- 2 installs for each license (1 for work 1 for home)
- Ai files exported about 90% smaller.
- Eps files about 70% smaller.
- The whole logo package about 50% smaller.
- Ai and Eps files are cleaner, with unused swatches, graphic styles and symbols are removed.
- Install script included.
- Brits now get Grey, Yanks stay Gray
Click here to purchase the product.
Hi, great tool. The Folderexport within "Logo with Tagline" is called "Gray", not "Grayscale" as everywhere else.
- Is there a possibility to export a one color Logo with the main color in addition to the one color black?
- I would love to adjust the folder structure to print -> coated -> cmyk / pantone and print -> uncoated -> cmyk / pantone – we use different cmyk values for coated and uncoated. Any idea?
- Foldernames with underlines instead of spaces?
Thank you so far. Love to hear from you soon. Kind regards from germany.
I'm hoping that version 2 will be out by the end of the month.
One of the new features already developed is custom naming of the folders, files and colors.
As such you will easily be able to:
1) Have all the names in German.
2) Not get any silly errors like Gray / Grayscale.
3) Color the artwork red and call the one-color "red" instead of "one-color". For such a case you would first export the whole spread including the one-color and then delete all the artwork which is not on the one-color artboards, then recolor and rename the one-color row "red". When it comes out you'll see how dead easy it is.
4) Change at will between - _ and " ", there's a set of radio buttons for that.
Regarding changes to the folder structure as apposed to the folder names, that will not be in version 2. We are planning an accompanying asset management service that should deal with these issues and also going to see what we can do within the extension itself.
Regarding different CMYK values for Pantone Uncoated, you have a couple of options but the easiest is to first make a spread for the coated and delete the uncoated row so it won't get exported and then with the recolored CMYK values make a new spread and delete all the rows except for the uncoated row(s) I write row(s) because version 2 will include inverted Pantone rows
How you guys thought about adding localize? I've added this to a free Photoshop script works super nice, buts quite pain to set everything. It's so much work
Yes, we are thinking about localization. I doubt that will be in version 2 but what will be in V2 is customizable file names so, for example, the user can use CMJK or RVB or Blanche, etc. Or if they prefer white to reverse then they can choose that.
In short, they can choose any names they want as long as they don't contain special characters.
I see you're talking about working on V.2.
If I purchase the current version now, will I receive the new version for free, or I should buy it again?
The upgrade fee is $20, a huge amount of work / time / money has been invested in version 2, hence the fee.
The upgrade is massively worth it if I say so myself!
Thanks for the answer.
Bought it through your affiliate link.
All the best
1) I've been watching this tool for a while and thinking of getting it these days. It's now for sale and I have been tinkering about it for a while. I found because I was in the process of making it myself, I like doing scripts and have gathered, adjusted and customized quite a few.
2) I find this plugin is a must-have, though he price doubling since last year I don't understand??
3) One drawback is that I dislike the folder structure he uses. I use a different approach and don't make so many folders which this one does. It makes things way too complicated for the client I think. Normally clients don't even understand when to use which version and this one multiplies that by 10, way too many folders. Also, many folders makes finding files super tedious. I dump them in DISPLAY and PRINT and then use JPG, PNG, AI, PDF then each folder gets all versions. Much compacted info folder terms and the client can find all versions in the same single folder.
4) Are the scripts set to binary? I was thinking of buying and then adjusting the part where it builds and outputs the files to the folders?
5) I wish it had a method that you feed is a CSV with a folder structure and that it simply uses that. But that is quite completed with the script setup I guess.
(Edited by Trevor)
1) Sorry for beating you to it!
2) The price hike was because of the product hike. The original script based version of the product (not made by me) was much more basic. When I was commissioned to develop the panel based version the plan was to have a basic and a pro version with the basic keeping the original price and a pro version for the current price. I wasn't happy with the workflow of the basic version and convinced Michael (the product owner) to trash the basic version. In short, one pays more for a Mercedes than a Volkswagen.
3) Regarding the folder structure, I think we have sold around 1,500 licenses and to my knowledge, we have only had one other request to change the folder structure, nevertheless, I agree that the option for a simpler but not fully customizable folder structure would be a good feature. It is on the Trello board of features to consider. We are working on version 2 now and it might make it there and might not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4) Yes, the script is binary and not customizable. In theory, I could make customization but they would be expensive and aimed at the enterprise market.
5) Yep, that would be complicated!